Territory Sales Representative
What's the role?
We’re looking for a Territory Sales Representative to join our regional sales team Istanbul Asia. But this is no ordinary sales job, as ours is a uniquely high-performing and supportive working culture.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With some 29,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
As an Territory Sales Representative, you’ll be visiting our customers, wherever they’re busy working, to find out how we can help them. You could find yourself on construction sites and nuclear plants or in offices and warehouses.
Ours is a model of professional, consultative selling and it’s a really hands-on job.
It means rolling up your sleeves to demonstrate some of the most pioneering products in the industry, while selling our state-of-the-art software along with all the services and aftercare that come with the Hilti name.
Far from traditional cold calling, it’s about building relationships with warm and responsive customers and helping them find the most innovative and cost-efficient solutions for their needs.
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role, including your own van full of tools and one-to-one coaching. You’ll enjoy a rare combination of autonomy and camaraderie, as you’ll manage your own book of business while being part of a friendly team.
We’ll give you lots of responsibility, including your own portfolio of customers and these might be trades experts, project managers, or company leaders. From there, we’ll trust you to do whatever it takes to deliver outstanding results. Go the extra mile and we’ll reward you with unrivaled training, development, and career opportunities as soon as you’re ready for the next challenge. Day to day you’ll report to your regional sales manager, who will also be there to help you manage your career.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people and some of our best account managers joined us with no experience. So, if you’ve never worked in sales or construction, that’s fine with us. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background.
What you need is:
- 4-year university degree in Engineering (preferably, Civil, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering),
- Preferably 2 or more years sales experience,
- A Results-oriented and suitable for consultative sales,
- Strong persuasion & influencing skills, excellent communication skills,
- Customer-oriented, self-driven, proactive team player,
- Excellent planning & project management skills, ability to work independently,
- Ability to spot, understand and analyze customer needs & requirements and offer appropriate products & solutions,
- Ability to learn quickly, willing to develop self,
- Experienced driver with no travel restrictions,
- Proficient in English, ability to work with international colleagues,
- Resident in European side of Istanbul.
“How am I going to sell power tools? I’ve never drilled a hole in my life! That’s what I thought when I first joined Hilti, but it’s really not like that. It’s about nurturing your strengths and being rewarded for hard work.”