What's the role?
The role of Project Engineer is driving technical customer engagement through value / customer orientated problem solving support, the project engineer is leading and coordinating engineering activities with focus on engineering applications, ensuring commercial success for Hilti as project partner by professional project management & coordination. The Project engineer is responsible that all projects are completed without exceeding budget and design safe.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With 30,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
• Lead and coordinate cross functionally between his/her team, MO and customer to align and manage tasks; conduct project coordination meetings to evaluate progress and prepare detailed reports.
• Review project specifications/drawings to understand scope of work required and assign required functions in his/her team to project(s).
• Perform day to day BIM revision on site and collaboration with client and PMO project team
• Provide technical services on jobsite – training of installation instructions on site, record the issues during the constructions, as-build drawings/documents if required
• Engineering of medium-high complexity applications as support engineer based on Hilti modular support systems (BU INS portfolio) using Hilti proprietary software (PROFIS Installation).
• Derive bill of materials from design work and provide it to other Hilti departments (e.g. supply chain)
• Drafting and modeling of modular support solutions in AutoCAD (2D) and potentially in Revit software
• Basic engineering of anchor or direct fastening solutions using either the Hilti proprietary software suite “PROFIS” or the technical fastening manual.
• Write engineering reports (calculation notes) for designed applications
• Ensure the adherence to relevant codes and Hilti standards in project engineering
• Safe and Hilti rules compliant engineering of defined applications
• Basic value engineering (combining technical – commercial – logistics aspects) for defined applications
• Develop technical application competence within sales and business development teams
What do we offer?
Show us what you’re made of and we’ll offer you opportunities to move around the business – to work abroad, experience different job functions, and tackle different markets. It’s a great way to find the right match for your ambitions and achieve the exciting career you’re after.
Why should you apply?
Year upon year we are recognized as one of the top 'Great Place to Work' employers,both globally and locally. And when you meet us you'll understand why. We have a diverse team of people with a variety of nationalities, backgrounds andexperiences. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter where you’re from.
What you need is:
- *Basic degree in structural / civil engineering,
- *Experience with steel structure design, know how in usage of structural engineering software such as STAAD, R-STAD,
- *Work in construction job site environment with minimum 3-5 years of project management background,
- *Basic experience with BIM management and modeling,
- *Efficient oral and written English & Turkish communicator,
- *Willing to travel up to 80% of time,
- *Understanding the correlation between technical and commercial aspects of engineering work,
- *Goal achievement and solution-oriented personality,
- *Track record of meeting deadlines and not compromising on quality by working effectively with others,
- *Empathy and ability to work in multicultural environment,
- *High learning agility and willingness to understand also small details if required,
- *Resident in Mersin or Adana/Turkey.
“I love the fact that my job isn’t just technical. It involves planning and dealing with people too. The culture is brilliant. It’s challenging, yes, but it’s friendly and welcoming too. It’s all about teamwork, and your ideas are really taken on board.”