Outperformer - Global Management Development Program
What's the role?
We’re looking for the next generation of high-performing, multi-lingual, post-graduate talents to take our company forward. Hilti Outperformer is a Global Management Development Program like no other, with real responsibility from day one.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service.
With 30,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
Hilti Outperformer is a global management development program like no other. Over a two-year period, we’ll prepare you for a global leadership career by putting you at the center of our customer-focused business model. It’s fast paced and challenging, but we’ll coach and mentor you while broadening you experience through a range of international tasks, and an impactful social project.
We offer either a business and finance track and both are split into four main stages of work.
12 months as an account manager; you’ll get hands-on experience and a deep insight into the core of our business – our customers, products, services and software
3 months on an operational market organisation project
6 months on a strategic regional project
3 months on an international project outside of the META region
12 months as an account manager. You’ll get hands-on experience and a deep insight into the core of our business – our customers, products, services and software
2 months on a local accounting project
4 months on a regional financial project
6 months on a strategic financial project outside the META region
What do we offer?
Show us what you can do and, in return, we promise you the experience of a lifetime, the opportunity to work internationally, and a fast-track career in global senior management. You’ll also take part in some valuable courses and events to support your development:
Leadership development program – a comprehensive learning journey with IMD business school in Lausanne, Switzerland, with a qualification from IMD.
Business management training – individual training at Hilti. A focus on behavioral profiles, personal strengths, leadership styles and communication skills.
Global summit – 4-5 days at our global headquarters in Liechtenstein. A look at the way global business units function, plus soft skills like situational leadership and international teamwork.
Social project – 7-8 days ‘building a better future’. A hands-on and hugely impactful community project, like our recent house building for displaced refugees in Bosnia
Why should you apply?
Year upon year we are recognised as one of the top 'Great Place to Work' employers, both globally and locally. And when you meet us you'll understand why. We have a diverse team of people with a variety of nationalities, backgrounds and experiences. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter where you’re from.
What you need is:
- You’ve recently graduated, or will graduate in 2021, with a master’s degree as a minimum; your degree is likely to be in business management, engineering or finance, but we will consider all others if you can prove you have a mind for business
- You have at least three months, but no more than 3 years, of working experience; you will have just started your career and want an opportunity where you can perform well and progress
- You have an affiliation with the Middle East, Turkey or Africa regions either through birth, education or work experience
- You’re multilingual – at least fluent in English and one other language – and you’ve gained international experience during your work or studies abroad.
- You’re mature and assertive, curious and committed. You’re a flexible team player with good communication and social skills. You’re a global thinker, interested in general management topics, keen for intercultural experiences and opportunities working abroad.
Please note, the preselection questions upon application are mandatory - we are unable to consider you as a candidate if they are not completed.
Once shortlisted, the interview process will begin in August and will consist of several stages: a video screening, virtual interviews, a field ride with a Hilti Account Manager and a full day assessment center which will be held virtually on Microsoft Teams on Monday, November 29th. The program will begin in January 2022.