Financial Controlling & Accounting Manager
What's the role?
- Function reporting to Finance Director
- Team leader, responsible from leading and developing team members
- Function with local and international dimension in a dynamic company with strong brand, culture and operating with matrix structure
- Member of Middle Management Team
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With some 29,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
Main responsibilities & tasks
Reporting: Lead internal reporting (Month end closing) and External reporting (tax declarations, audits). Coordinate activities with Shared Service Center (SSC) in Manchester. Work in close cooperation with Regional HQ in Dubai and Global HQ
Strategy: Work closely with Finance Director and leadership team to develop annual GamePlans and Rolling Forecasts, including various scenarios & actions
Treasury: Manage bank relationships and cash forecasting
Budgeting: Operationalize the GamePlan by creating department-based budgets. Support directors by tracking deviations from budget and understanding root causes. Identify OPEX optimization opportunities.
Purchasing: Lead Strategic Indirect Purchasing using various levers (identify efficiencies, manage demand, develop strategic partnerships with suppliers). Implement global procurement projects in Turkey
What do we offer?
We’ll give you everything you need to excel in your role. We’ll give you lots of responsibility. From there, we’ll trust you to do whatever it takes to deliver outstanding results. Go the extra mile and we’ll reward you with unrivaled training, development, and career opportunities as soon as you’re ready for the next challenge.
Why should you apply?
We have an excellent mix of people and some of our best managers joined us with little or no construction experience. Success at Hilti is down to teamwork and ability, no matter what your background is.
What you need is:
- Professional experience:
- 10+ years of solid experience in controlling function ideally with P&L responsibility and/or in internal / external audit followed by controlling function
- Effective problem solving experience with understanding of business leverages
- Demonstrated business understanding and created value using fact-based insights
- Fluent English
- Master degree or professional qualification (CPA / CFA / CMA / SMMM) is a plus
- International experience (either education or work experience) is a strong plus
- Extensive MS Office knowledge required, SAP/BI knowledge is an advantage
- Personality & Passion:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Analytical thinking, proactivity and willingness to take initiative
- Leadership, excellent team management skills and ability to motivate his/her team members
- Multi-tasking with the ability to accurately work in a fast, changing environment in a challenging market
- Motivated, assertive with humility and positive attitude, willing to streamline processes and adapt to changes
- Strong business insights and ability to drive change in the organization using capacity to convince
- Ability to work effectively and collaborate in a cross-functional team environment
- High ambition for management function
- Global thinker with a strong desire for experiences involving working abroad
“There’s a real family spirit and you can literally knock on any director’s door at any time. Also your line manager will work very hard to help you develop your skills, both professionally and personally.”