What's the role?
The Credit & Collection (C&C) Manager leads a team of finance professionals to support the company in balancing customer credit needs against the company’s credit exposure, by developing and implementing a Finance Value Proposition tailored to the respective market.
This role has a significant financial impact on the business and holds responsibility for all aspects of the Credit & Collection function, including developing and implementing credit and collections policies, managing risk of credit default against the businesses, and communicating & training the organization in credit policy decisions.
Who is Hilti?
If you’re new to the industry, you might not have heard of us. We provide leading-edge tools, technologies, software and services for the global construction sector. We have a proud heritage, built over 75 years, and a worldwide reputation for pioneering products and exceptional service. With 30,000 people in more than 120 countries, which we’re looking to expand, we’re a great place for you to show us your worth, step up to new challenges and grow your career.
What does the role involve?
As C&C Manager, you will translate the company strategy into departmental targets, set ambitious targets and hold yourself and your team accountable for delivering outstanding results. You will ensure customer satisfaction through onsite visits, timely resolution of complaints, and the approval or recommendation of credit adjustments within defined approval guidelines. You will lead and contribute to strategic departmental and cross-functional projects to support organizational direction and strategy in areas of focus, including digitalization of internal and external processes, as well as creating value-added financial services.
From an operational perspective, you will ensure the rollout and execution of improvement cycles for the internal control system and internal audit follow-ups for your area – you’re the champion for Internal Control systems within the Credit & Collection team, as well as the Market Organisations. Managing relevant compliance checks related to accounts receivables is part of your role, along with cash collection, credit application and payment allocations, and you will proactively monitor the external environment, collaborating with Finance Business Partners to identify local risks & opportunities. You also support Finance IT in improving our Credit & Collection software and processes by managing local testing rounds and identifying new process improvement opportunities in close collaboration with the global process managers.
As a team leader, you will lead by example and in close cooperation with the sales management team to solve customer related credit & payment issues, having the overall customer relationship in mind. You will use a variety of leadership styles, to evaluate performance and development opportunities, and influence, educate, develop and support leaders in all functions, to drive business performance to achieve the company strategies.
With an entrepreneurial mindset, you’ll challenge the status quo, taking calculated risks to drive and develop innovation from within, and proactively monitor the external environment and translate relevant trends into the organization, to ensure agility and value creation.
What do we offer?
Show us what you’re made of and we’ll offer you opportunities to move around the business – to work abroad, experience different job functions, and tackle different markets. It’s a great way to find the right match for your ambitions and achieve the exciting career you’re after.
Why should you apply?
Year upon year we are recognized as one of the top 'Great Place to Work' employers, both globally and locally. And when you meet us you'll understand why. We have a diverse team of people with a variety of nationalities, backgrounds and experiences. You can gain further insight on how it feels to be part of Hilti’s Global Finance Community, by searching for our LinkedIn feed: #HiltiFinance
What you need is:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- Master's degree in Business, Finance or related field preferred
- 5 years’ experience in a Credit and & Collection role preferred; otherwise related experience in finance, consultancy or auditing role within a multinational organisation
- Evidence of leadership and people management
- Effective communication skills, including ability to structure clear presentation
- Previous controlling experience or experience in audit is a plus
- Proficient English written and verbal communication is essential
- The ability to simplify a financial message to non-finance stakeholders
- Evidence of acting as a strategic business partner through influencing and interacting with key stakeholders across the organization and with external customers
- Experience with an ERP system (SAP preferred) and strong Microsoft application skills (most notably Excel)
- High cultural awareness with an adaptive leadership style, which inspires and persuades
- A strong business acumen together with pro-active behavior, conceptual thinking and the ability to craft a direction
- A strong passion for people – actively seeking to develop team members
- A willingness and ability towards continuous learning
- An entrepreneurial mindset, with the drive to make a difference
“There’s a real family spirit and you can literally knock on any director’s door at any time. Also your line manager will work very hard to help you develop your skills, both professionally and personally.”